VM5020WA CONTROL UNIT
For Electrostatic Water-Based Spray Gun
Control Unit of manual electrostatic spray gun water-based only
This device is used for setting the high voltage, changing recipe and control the electrostatic spray gun GA5000EAW (Air Spray) and GA5000EACW (Air Coat) It can not be used with manual electrostatic spray gun or solvent-based paint version. Please use the VM5020W for manual electrostatic water-based spray gun.
For application, this unit will be installed on upside surface of aqua coat cabinet in order to control the spray gun.
Feature of VM5020WA
Setting Voltage and Current
To operate this spraying gun in full performance. Setting voltage and current is neccessary. The setting must be depended on material, environtment and production output.
For best spraying performance over time, a preventive maintenance of the gun is recommended. The spraying time of the connected gun can be monitored and a service interval can be set
ATEX ZONE 2 COMPLIANT
This unique feature allows to bring the control unit closer to the spray gun, in an area which is classified as ATEX Zone 2.
Three recipes of voltage and current can be stored. They can be activated from the gun or control unit. This change of pre-defined settings enables the painter to select the prefered working conditions.
Monitoring of Gun Grounding
The grounding of the gun is monitored by the control unit for maximum safety of the painter. If grounding is interrupted high voltage is cut off.
The very easy and simple one knob adjustment of all parameters allows operators to change setting quickly.
Technical Data of VM5020WA
Dimension of VM5020WA Front and Side View
Position of VM5020WA on cabinet surface
Control Panel of VM5020WA
The main duty of control unit is setting the voltage and current rate into suitable value following each workpiece and support the painter. WAGNER design control panel to be simply understanding. As the water-based painting application must be performed under AquaCoat system, the control panel of this unit must add the panel for feeding unit.
1. Main Supply Switch The turn on/off switch to activate the control unit and deactivate control unit
2. Universal control dial the setting knob that can be dial with 32 positions per revolution and enable to adjust high voltage, spray current and setting parameter values depend on led signal from each position. Any adjustment will impact to spray gun.
3. Stand by button For switching to standby mode
4. Illuminated display for Standby button Lights up after push button (3) to show that the device is in standby mode.
5. Current Setting Button (uA) When you push this button, the signal beside button will be light up. It show that you can adjust the current rate not more than 100 uA by adjust knob on position no. 2.
6. Illuminated display for Spray current button (uA) Lights up after push button (5) to show that the knob adjustment is in spray current setting mode.
7. High Voltage Setting Button (Kv) When you push this button, the signal beside button will be light up. It show that you can adjust the high voltage rate not more than 80 Kv by adjust knob on position no. 10.
8. Illuminated display for high voltage button (Kv) Lights up after push button (7) to show that the knob adjustment is in spray current setting mode.
9. Regulator "Pump Pressure" Due it can not be adjust directly on feeding pump because it is kept inside cabinet.
10. Regulator "Product Pressure" (Option) Adjusting range 0 - 10 Bar
11. Regulator "Atomizing air" Adjusting air pressure range 0 - 10 Bar
12. Atomizing air Pressure gauge for spray gun display range 0 - 10 Bar
13. Paint pressure gauge for spray gun display range 0 - 10 Bar (if option paint pressure regulator)
14. Pump pressure gauge display range 0 - 10 Bar
15. Push button "Recipe 1" If this button is push, the device will perform spray condition under recipe 1. Any setting value will be effect and saved to receipt 1.
16. Illuminated display for recipe 1 button Light up after push button (15) to confirm that this device perform a spray condition under recipe 1.
17. Push button "Recipe 2" If this button is push, the device will perform spray condition under recipe 1. Any setting value will be effect and saved to receipt 2.
18. Illuminated display for recipe 1 button Light up after push button (17) to confirm that this device perform a spray condition under recipe 2.
19. Push button "Recipe 3" If this button is push, the device will perform spray condition under recipe 1. Any setting value will be effect and saved to receipt 3.
20. Illuminated display for recipe 1 button Light up after push button (19) to confirm that this device perform a spray condition under recipe 3.
21. Illuminated display "High voltage" (Kv) For presentation of high voltage volume that you can adjust the limitation of high voltage rate but not more than 80 Kv.
22. Illuminated display "Spray Current" (uA) same as (21) but it is for presentation of limitation of uA rate. However, whether Kv or uA, these 2 rate will not be stable and be variable always through out operating time by increasing up and reducing down rate but Kv will be changed opposite value of uA which is depend on distant of spray gun and workpiece.
23. Illuminated display for door control If AquaCoat door is closed, it mean this system is ready to use by lighting up led green color
24. Illuminated display for "Fault" Illuminates if there is a fault in the system.
25. Push button for service Push this button when enter to service maintenance progress.
26. Illuminated display for "service" Light up after push button (26) to confirm that this device under the service mode
27. 3 digits number display There have a 2 cases, in case of voltage or current setting, the number will show the exact vaue of rate in digital number that it is accuracy than light parameter. In case of problem found, the number will be the error code that it present as 3 digits number.
Electrostatic Spray gun for VM5020WA